Monday, April 28, 2014

Bloggery

And just like that, as soon as I started the blog I nearly abandoned it.  It wasn't that I forgot it this time though.  I've been thinking of blog ideas nearly every day, composing witty entries in my head.  And then when I get to a computer and stare at that blank page...nothing.

But this time I feel it might be fear.  What if I come off as pompous?  What if nobody reads it?  Well Sarah, fear isn't going to get you anywhere.  You're not going to become a writer by being afraid of what people will think of what you write.  What if nobody likes what I have to say?  That's the one that gets me. 

I have friends.  And they laugh at the things I say.  Which leads me to believe that I am amusing, at least to some degree.  So why is writing any different?  I don't have a filter when I speak, so why do I have such a strong one when I write?  Perhaps because writing is much more permanent.  It sticks around.  Spoken word can float away and never been seen or heard again, but writing.  Especially with the internet, written word never dies. 

So instead of being afraid of what you will think of me, oh invisible, unknown, (possibly non-existent), audience; I'm going to try to remember this instead...
"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad."  Proverbs 12:25

A good word can come from a friend, or a book, or any number of places.  I need to fill my heart with good words, so there won't be room for anxiety and worry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment